Anna Muzychuk (Ukrainian Анна Музычук;, Slovenian Ana Muzičuk) (born 28 february 1990 in Ukraine) is one of the strongest young female chess players.
Anna is woman grandmaster (wGM) with FIDE rating 2387 (January 2005). In 2004 she became Slovenian citizen. She is strongest Slovenian female player. In category girls up to 20 years she is world ranked 11 (January 2005). Her younger sister Maria is also strong chess player.
Anna who played first board for Slovenia olympic team on 36th Chess Olympiad achieved title woman
grandmaster (wGM). Beside others she defeated the World Champion GM Antoaneta Stefanova from Bulgaria.
Anna´s best results are:
- The champion of Ukraine in 2000 (girls U10) and 2002 (U12).
- The European champion in 1996 (U8), 1998 (U10), 2000 (U10), 2002 (U12) and 2003 (U14).
- The 2nd place in the European Championship in 1997 (U10), 1999 (U10) and 2001 (U12).
- The 2nd place in the World Championship in 2002 (U12).
- The 3rd place in the World Championship in 2000 (U10).
- The winner of Women´s Ukrainian Championship in 2003.
- The champion of Ukraine in 2004 (girls U20).
- The 2nd place in the World Championship in 2004 (U14).