|Pentala Harikrishna (born May 10, 1986) is a chess player from Andhra Pradesh in India. He is considered third amongst the top Indian players ranking next to Vishwanathan Anand and Krishnan Sasikiran. Harikrishna became the youngest grandmaster from India in 2001.|
In November 2004, he won the world junior chess championship.
Achievements of Pentala Harikrishna, India´s youngest GM
- World under-10 championship, 1996, Menorca (Spain), Gold.
- World under-12 rapid championship, 1996, Paris, Silver.
- Children´s Olympiad, 1998, Istanbul, Gold.
- Commonwealth championship, 2000, Sangli, Gold (under-18).
- India´s youngest International Master, 2000.
- Asian under-14 championship, 2000, Tehran, 2000-01, Gold.
- National ´A´ championship, 2000, Mumbai, Fifth.
- Asian junior championship, 2000, Mumbai, Silver.
- Chess Olympiad, 2000, Istanbul, First Grandmaster (GM) norm.
- Corus tournament, 2001, Wijk Aan Zee, Second GM norm.
- National ´A´ championship, 2000, New Delhi, Fifth.
- Asian junior championship, 2001, Tehran, Silver.
- Asian championship, 2001, Kolkata, Tenth; Qualified for World championship; Final GM norm.
- India´s youngest GM, 2001.
- Ron Banwell MSO Masters tournament, 2001, London, Gold.
- Commonwealth championship, 2001, London, Gold.
Wipro was the sponsor of Harikrishna and his contract with Wipro has ended in 2004.