| Rashid Gibiatovich Nezhmetdinov (December 15 1912 – 1974) was an eminent chess player. He was born in Aktubinsk in Russia.|
Rashid Nezhmetdinov was a fierce, imaginative, attacking player, feared by many Soviet maestro, but never achieved the GM title. He won several games against such awesome players as Mikhail Tal, David Bronstein, Boris Spassky, Lev Polugaevsky or Efim Geller : he has a plus score in the 20 games he contested against World Champions.
- "Nobody sees combinations like Rashid Nezhmetdinov" Mikhail Botvinnik
- Lev Polugaevsky considers Rashid Nezhmetdinov as "the greatest master of the initiative"
- "His games reveal the beauty of chess and make you love in chess not so much the points and high placings, but the wonderful harmony and elegance of this particular world" Mikhail Tal
- "Rashid Nezhmetdinov is a virtuoso of combinational chess" David Bronstein
- Nezhmetdinov´s Best Games of Chess by Rashid Nezhmetdinov; Caissa Editions, 2000
- Nezhmetdinov´s Killer Chess Instinct by Pyshkin : ISBN : 9996301184